Friday 13 July 2012

Doctor Who Experience Opening Day - Cardiff 2012

So its officially 1 week until Cardiff opens the doors to the Doctor Who Experience once again after being based in London through 2011 to early 2012. I've never been to the Experience so I'm very VERY excited to walk through the doors next Friday (20th July). I did have a taster of some of the props used in the series at the Doctor Who Convention back in March, but it was only a small selection, find out more from my earlier post, here

As I am signed up to BBC Worldwide's mailing list for all things Doctor Who, I received an email this afternoon detailing all the information I need to know for the opening day. And wow, it looks like its going to be amazing. 

Here's a segment from the email, for those who would like to find out what's to come on the opening day:

OPENING DAY 20th JULY– MONSTERS, MONSTERS, MONSTERS!
To mark the opening of the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff, some of the most well known monsters from the history of the show will be giving guests a welcome to remember on the 20th July. The Silence, Daleks and Cybermen will all be in attendance for what promises to be a memorable spectacle on opening day. But fear not, there are plenty of monsters left inside the Experience for you to enjoy at a safer distance. 
 A welcome from some of the monsters, awesome! Although not too sure how I feel about the Silence... they freak me out, very scary indeed! I'll be sure to review the Experience on here for you all to see, and hopefully take lots of photographs if possible :-)

To find out more about the Doctor Who Experience follow this link: http://www.doctorwhoexperience.com/  where you can find all the latest news, purchase your tickets online and take a sneak peek at what's to come. 

 I can't wait to go back to Cardiff again, I'm staying in Cardiff Bay so me and the boyfriend are looking forward to having a few drinks the night before in this rather cool pub with a rather cool door... 
Let me know if you're off to the Experience too and you never know, I may see you there! 

Thanks for reading x

2 comments:

  1. What's the pub called ? And where abouts in the bay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was called Jolyons but now Bar Cwtch. Unfortunately, the doors have recently been painted over. Not sure if this is due to new ownership or something. the pub is opposite the Millennium centre, but you have to go through the beer garden and down the stairs to get in. Hope this helps :-)

      Delete