Monday 3 September 2012

Return of Doctor Who - Eggs, Cupcakes and the Asylum


 Us Doctor Who fans who watched Saturdays episode ‘Asylum of the Daleks’ will know that to make a soufflé you need... eggs.

 So what else can you make with eggs? Well, when you’re an avid fan like me and my partner... you make Doctor Who themed cupcakes- I mean seriously… what else?!

We chose Saturday to bake our cakes as we thought it appropriate to enjoy and indulge in them whilst watching the new episode… and they were delicious! We paid tribute to 'new who', from the 9th to the 11th doctors. 



Ingredients:

(Sainsburys, £1.89 each)
6oz - Self Raising Flour
6oz - Soft Margarine
6oz - Caster Sugar
3eggs
Icing sugar
3 tubes of decorative icing in Red, Blue and Black 




Method:

·         Oven on 200/6, put cupcake cases in tin
·         Put all ingredients into mixing bowl and beat well with a wooden spoon.
·         Divide the mixture between 12-18 cake cases.
·         Bake for around 20 minutes.
·         Put icing sugar into mixing bowl; gradually adding cold water to make the icing.
·         Once cakes are cool, add icing and decorate.


 The final result:
I know they're not perfect, but I was impressed with our efforts! Mine are the cakes in the first image :-) 
Luke and myself posing with our favourite cakes and Doctor Who tees ;) -


The Asylum - *SPOILERS*

So what did you think of the Series 7 opener? Well, wow, what an explosive start to the series! In my opinion, it was probably one of the best Matt Smith episodes I’ve ever watched, and that’s saying something! From start to finish through every detail, every image and every inch of narrative I was completely hooked.

I also thought Jenna’s early appearance was a brilliant addition. Her performance was outstanding as she captured and projected a range of different emotions to the viewers throughout and during the final twist. Definitely a companion to look forward to and *remember*! Karen and Arthur were on top form playing Amy and Rory - It was refreshing to see their relationship in a completely different circumstance to what we are used to. And Matt Smith was as quick witted and charismatic as always - I really can't wait to see Jenna and Matt bounce off each others sentences when playing alongside later on in the series - I think it will be very interesting to watch. 

Credit to the writers for a fantastic storyline, I can’t wait for the series to continue!
Jenna Louise Coleman - Credit: BBC
Next up: “Dinosaurs on a Spaceship” - BBC One, 7.35pm Saturday 8th September 2012.

Out of this world:-
I celebrated with new Tardis/Universe inspired nails...
Barry M - Base-coat and Topcoat.
Barry M - Cobalt Blue
Barry M - Silver Multi-Glitter
...and Alfie celebrated with his Sonic Screwdriver...
You can watch Asylum of the Daleks now on BBC iplayer - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/
Thanks for Reading

3 comments:

  1. Hello. Can i use you imagen with the cupcakes in my blog and linking this post? www.hastabi.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks for getting in touch. Yes that's fine as long as you link me :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I will publish the post on Wednesday

      Delete